Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Get Tested? Get Gone.

The Seattle Post Intelligencer has an item of interest today on the subject of National HIV testing day. This occasion, it is said, is necessary for the health of the world, the nation, the community and the neighborhood, and it may also be good for dogs and small children as well as global warming for all we know.

"B-b-but Sparky!" you say, "I thought this was a law enforcement blog!" Well, it is, but this is important.

Mr. Rasmussen and Mr. Counts, authors of this article, both opine that everyone between the ages of 13 and 64 ought to get tested on a routine basis.

I don't know about you, but I've got no more reason to get myself tested for HIV than I have to get tested for Ebola or smallpox or schizophrenia. Quite simply, I'm not at risk. I don't do that stuff.

And you know what else? It's nobody's damn business and I consider the entire notion to be intrusive, offensive and a bigger threat to privacy than any lawsuit over a damned banner that says "Bong Hits For Jesus". I didn't bring this mess onto the nation's plate. So there.

I don't want anyone to even get the idea that I'm the least little bit thinking about the possibility, especially the insurance companies who have ways of figuring this stuff out, and once there's a permanent record on a government or industry server somewhere you can say goodbye to insurance and privacy for ever and ever, amen.

It's only one stolen laptop away if some CDC moron brings home from work against orders, folks

Get tested? Not hardly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home